Tuesday, May 4, 2010

LIFE IS....

GOOD.

Sometimes life can be funny. hard. difficult. enjoyable. sad. happy. great. bad. confusing. fantastic. hilarious. lonely. overwhelming. monotonous. relaxing. busy.

but....Today life is good.

As I sit here tonight after a day of water parks, popsicles, pools, sun, peanut butter and jelly, diet coke (of course) and ice cream cones.... for some reason I am thankful for my life. Often times I look at others and think... if I just had that many kids, or a bigger house, or a brand new baby, or a maid(ha ha), if my kids took naps, or this or that.

But tonight, today, I am thankful for my life. My kids are healthy (despite their runny noses on occasion). I have a great husband who works hard, loves the gospel, and is a good man. I have two healthy kids, one boy, one girl. They are pretty independent. They can play while I get things done. They are good kids and I love them!

And although I long for another child I realize that if I don't enjoy the two children I have, time will pass by way to fast like it has already has. If this is suppose to be my life, two darling children, and a great husband, then who am I to complain. Today I am grateful, for all that I have been blessed with!

Life is good.

(Maybe I need the shirt...or the sticker on the back of my car to remind me
tomorrow when the kids are fighting!.. ha ha)

5 comments:

kurt and ash said...

ahhh melis... you make me cry! :)

Megan and Mike said...

ahhh this is the best post, you do have a great family, darling kids... your husband well he is alright haha. i still hope you have another baby, but you do have a good life!

micahandwhitney said...

thank you for the encouragement melissa. it helps more than you know. i heard a song that reminded me of you. it's called "it won't be like this for long" i'm sure you've already heard it, but if not you should youtube it :) you are in my prayers! love you guys, keep being strong!! your an amazing mom and i only hope i can be half as awesome as you someday :)

Matt&Melissa said...

I love it. You have such a good attitude...and you have the most darling kids around:)

johnstoncrew said...

Well said. enjoy your abundant blessings in life.