Thursday, April 28, 2011

WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT....

MY FAMILY?... I don't want to know!

I feel so lucky to have this huge support system! Everyone was ready to hop up and help the second I went into labor (@2:30 a.m.)!

Jeff has anxiously awaited this day... He didn't quite believe it would actually come! Thanks for putting up with me my whole pregnancy... and the years of waiting for this little one to arrive!
My mom had a feeling that she needed to come up even though I wasn't suppose to be induced for another 11 days... She came for the weekend and thank goodness she did! I needed her! She is wonder women! From helping me get to the hospital... getting me through the epidurl... to waking up with my sick kids when I arrived home from the hospital! With no sleep she some how pulled off dinner every night for the whole family (brothers/sister in laws)... took care of my kids, folded laundry, made beds, took kids to and from school. She also planned a fabulous Easter Egg Hunt with homemade Easter Bunnies for each grandchild... Easter Outfits etc. Seriously who has this much energy? MY MOM DOES... or maybe she just pretended she did... But she is AMAZING! I am so lucky she is my mom! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING MOM!!!!!
I decided to have my dad in the delivery room this time... when else will he see another baby born? I am so glad I did! He drove up and arrived about an hour before Brock was born!.. I am so glad he made it! Now that is one Happy Grandpa!
My poor Brother Matt arrived at my house after I had spent a painful two hours trying to breathe through contractions while "getting ready" for the hospital... I had to shower before going... I was gross!.... Well Matt arrived as I had finally finished up getting dressed, only to begin throwing up (among other things) all over myself, my clean clothes, my blow dried and straightened hair... and my fresh makeup! He walked in on a bad moment! Bless his heart for staying with my kids all night... rushing my back xrays over to the hospital so I could get my epidurl... and for taking care of my kids which included McDonalds... boating... going to the park... and many other fun things!!! That's a good brother... and sister-in-law!
Becky was also a trooper! Thanks SO MUCH for doing Halie's hair everyday while I was in the hospital! This stressed me out and I was worried what she would show up to the hospital like.... so THANK YOU for making sure she looked presentable! When I heard you were getting her ready I was relieved!! :) Thanks for entertaining them with Matt, you guys are the best!

I think Marc drove to and from the hospital about a hundred times... bringing Diet Cokes for my mom everytime.... Brock's cute blankets that I forgot at home, and many other things I was to delirious to even remember! Janelle was a saint staying home all day with Braxton and letting Marc be at the hospital! ... Marc was also in the delivery room when Brock was born and took great footage of his birth... from the waist up! :) So glad I have that on tape! And the CINNAMON ROLLS Janelle made when I got home from the hospital were DELICOUS to say the LEAST! Thanks so much you two!!!
Aunt Megan was stuck in Provo and arrived a day after we got home from the hospital! She brought the cutest gift.. including a bucket that you will see lots of pictures of soon! She came.... and took over for my mom who had to leave! Her and Mike {the only one I don't have a picture of cause he didn't want to get Brock sick} were saints!! Mike entertained Halie and Ruthie so that me and Megan could be at the house alone.... He picked up kids from school... dropped them off... brought Diet Cokes... and was Johnny on the Spot! Megan cleaned my bathrooms... mopped my floors... made us dinner... was my personal shopper while I was at home...and helped me survive Brocks 5 day old photo shoot... which was a TASK to say the least!! Thanks so much... glad you came!!!

Micah and Whitney came home early from their Vacation {just for Brock or maybe bad weather) Either way.... they were excited to meet little Brock! Unfortunately, I was amid recovering and in a lot of pain from the waist up if you know what I mean... and didn't get to hang out much with these two but Micah and Whitney helped with entertaining my kids.... including manicures for Halie! Thanks guys!

I also have my cousin Cara that lives close and she always helps out! She kept me sain by letting Halie come play at her house at the end of my pregnancy... and brought beautiful flowers and my favorite treat when we arrived home from the hospital!

THANKS TO ALL MY FAMILY!! EVERYONE OF YOU HAVE HELPED SO MUCH!!!
JEFF AND I APPRECIATE IT MORE THAN YOU KNOW!!! It is a different dynamic when you have two kids already and are having a baby... it was so nice to have everyone pitching in to help with Micah and Halie so that we could enjoy our first moments with Brock!
WE LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Matt&Melissa said...

How nice you had so much help from your sweet family! Sounds like they were so helpful! Oh, and I love your cute little green chairs from the easter bunny...where did you get them?!

micahandwhitney said...

it's a secret but...we totally left cause we were dying to see brock!! :) i'm already having withdrawls...i need to come see his sweet face! hope you're feeling better!! and i'm loving all the new posts!!

Megan and Mike said...

um you would die without us hahahah, helping with brock is the fun part....its my child that is not fun !love all the pics of the things i missed thanks to matt!!!