Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Breakthrough...

Today as we were watching conference.. or atleast attempting with the kids... Micah said the cutest thing!

Ever since President Hinkley died at the beginning of the year Micah has had the hardest time coming to the realization that we have a new prophet President Monson. In fact at the last conference I remember Micah saying "President Hickley is still my prophet not President Monson!"... We tried to get him to like our new prophet, we even took Pres. Hinkleys picture down and put a new one of Pres. Monson up to see if it would ease Micah into our new prophet!

Well today we had a breakthrough. As President Monson got up to speak Jeff said there is our new Prophet Thomas S. Monson! ... and Micah watched intently... and after a few minutes he said... "MOM... I THINK I LIKE OUR NEW PROPHET!" It was so cute and sweet... he then explained to us "CAUSE GORDON B. HINK-OLY DIED AND SO THOMAS S. MONSON IS OUR NEW PROPHET AND WHEN HE DIES WE WILL GET ANOTHER NEW PROPHET... THAT'S JUST HOW IT WORKS MOM!"

Yesterday as Micah talked on the phone to my mom I heard them discussing why dad and grandpa were both at a meeting (preisthood session) She then explained that when Micah turns 12 that he will hold the preisthood and be able to go to the priesthood meeting with his dad and then on Sundays he will be able to pass the sacrament... in which he replied... "I HAVE BEEN WAITING MY WHOLE LIFE TO PASS THE SACRAMENT GRANDMA!"

I am grateful for a little boy who loves the gospel already. He absolutley loves primary... LOVES learning all the new primary songs, and enjoys going to church every week. I look forward to the day that he can pass the sacrament to our family at church. He is such a good boy, I love you Micah!

2 comments:

Megan and Mike said...

i love everything about this post..... micah is soooo smart and funny!

Anonymous said...

this is such a cute story! megan was just telling me the story about hinkley and micah a few days ago...i am happy to hear that he likes monson now! he is such a cute boy!!