Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pre School

Halie's First Day of Pre School!

Thrilled it was finally her turn to wear her new clothes...
Put on her new backpack and go to school!
Micah still not convinced that school is cool!
Halie trying to get Micah to crack a smile!

Come on brother it will be fun!
When did this happen???? They are both going to school!
We will skip over Micah going to school this morning since it included lots of tears ...
and go straight to...
Halie being a big girl and walking in all by herself!
With no tears!
Just big smiles!
Who couldn't smile with these cute teachers! Grandma Smith & Ms. Julie!
...and the pre school has a doll house... can't beat that!
And this was her when I picked her up... she came running over roaring like a lion!

Our discussion on the way home...

Me: Halie how was preschool?
Halie: Good!!!
Me: What did you do?
Halie: We just did homework!
Me: Was it so much fun?
Halie: YA!
Me: What was your favorite part about preschool?
Halie: We got to say everybody's names and say hi to each other!
Me: Did you meet any friends?
Halie: Ya... like Kiley, but not like my cousin Kiley, it's a different one.

Random thoughts she told me:

Halie: Some people didn't have their name on their backpack,
I was the only one that bringed it!
Halie: Some people wore their jams to preschool, I think it was pajama day!

I love this girl! She cracks me up! But most of all I am so proud that she was
so brave and went without giving me a heart attack!

Ok... So maybe I bribed her with this
"Big Old Baby"
that she has wanted from Walmart...
She came straight home and we got out Halie's baby clothes and started playing dress up!


SO I decided I will let her go to pre school but....
I DON'T WANT THEM TO TEACH HER A FEW THINGS...
... Like how to say the 'R' sound
I don't want her to say words correctly.. she says MAG-ZA-DENE for magazine... and bringed instead of bring....I don't want that to change!
I don't want her spunky personality to change...
I don't want her to like boys!
I might be ok with her learning her letters, and maybe writing her name...
but please don't change my cute little girl!

3 comments:

Matt&Melissa said...

She is so stinkin cute in all her pictures...smiling so big! No fear for her!! I can't believe the story with Micah...I hope he is doing better...and that little story about his rock, what a good counselor for watching out for him! Oh, that would be so tough. Hopefully it will get better for him!! On the plus side, he looks super handsome in all his pictures even though he looks sad:)

Megan and Mike said...

i know its sad that micah hates school, but me mom and dad laughed about these pictures all weekend, halie is just beaming and micah looks clinicly depressed, its sooo typical and funny!!!! best post ever. me and mom think that that pic of micah bawling and halie smilling should win "best first day of school" picture

Branden and Sarah said...

You have such a DARLING family!!!