Friday, November 14, 2008

Micah's First Primary Program!

a 002

Oh cute little Micah! What am I going to do with him?

All year he has been practicing, learning all the little primary songs, and for the past few weeks he has been memorizing his little part for the Primary Program!

Every night before he went to bed we would have Micah recite his two parts. And after a few nights he had it memorized:

"I will prepare to be a missionary by being faithful and obedient."
"Because, I know I am a Child of God, I will choose the right"

We were so excited for him to be on the stage... a peaceful sacrament meeting!... or so we thought!

Aunt Megan and Uncle Mike came, Uncle Micah and Aunt Whitney came for support. Apparently not a good idea.

He stayed on the stage for the first few songs... stood up for one and sang a few words... and then I could see him tell his teacher he was "bored" which in Micah language means "scared"... and then the tears... and him walking off the stage to come sit by us! Thank goodness we were sitting in the front!

Needless to say it wasn't as I pictured it... at all!

Micah sings all day... LITERALLY... and it is always a primary song.. or Colbie Colait (that's another story). So I was so sad that he would not stay on the stage and sing all the songs that he knows by heart!... We are hoping next year he just stays on the stage!! We love you Micah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures look so good! I was telling megan if it wasn't for a friend who offered to do our engagements for free, i would have totally had you do ours! your getting really good. megan told me your busy with appointments, so thats great. i had a question-- where do you usually get your annoucements printed? I have decided my own, but am shopping around for the best place to get it printed. i want it printed on something thick and shiny like megan's. where did you get that printed? do you remember how much it was? thanks so much for your help!

Matt&Melissa said...

He looks so grown up! I can't believe he's in primary...I guess he is 4, right?! Cute pictues!!