Saturday, February 9, 2013

Holding hands.

Today I was about to leave to go grocery shopping.  Micah came running out and said
"Mom, can I come with you?"  Sure, so he threw on a hoodie and some shoes and off we went.  As we got out of the car and started walking he grabbed my hand and held it.  Micah is 8 1/2.  He doesn't hold my hand anymore.  He is getting to cool for his mom.  He doesn't want me to see him get dressed.  He is getting all grown up and I can't handle it sometimes.  But today when his cute little hand grabbed mine chills literally went up my arm.  I thought in that instant, will this be the last time this happens?  I love this boy more than life.  I hate that he's growing up, but moments like that remind me he will always need and love his mom, and that made me smile.

2 comments:

The Chalmers Family said...

No lie that made me just about cry... I've never thought about it that way but its so true. We only get them for such a short time and have to take advantage of those little moments :) Thanks for the reminder. PS your kids are adorable!

Marc, Janelle, Brax & Millie said...

Geez!! I must be emotional cuz as I'm getting caught up on your blog...I'm crying! Micah is such a neat boy!! You have great kids Meliss! I miss them so much!