Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Micah's First day of 3rd Grade @ a New School!

This summer brought lots of change and excitement (only to be a tad bit delayed) but in the mean time the kids started and are going to a NEW SCHOOL!  Little Valley Elementary.  On this day we were going to be closing on a home in Little Valley within a month and so we started them at this school!  Micah ABSOLUTELY LOVES THE NEW SCHOOL SINCE DAY 1!  I dropped him off to a new school where thankfully I knew one (fabulous) teacher who helped me decide who to get for teachers ;)  But I dropped him off to the teacher I didn't know in a portable that was crammed with 30 kids with no cutesy anything on the walls, it was serious business and I wasn't quite ready for it.  I cried as I left him sitting in the room with no friends not knowing a soul at the school.  And Micah... he was as calm and collected as could be!  And when I picked him up 6 1/2 hours later he came out with a huge smile rambling on about how nice his teacher was and how how much better this school was and how he had a wonderful day.  And so I am a happy mom.  

No comments: