Friday, December 25, 2009

SAD IT IS OVER!! Christmas 09'


If you ask Halie what she got for Christmas she will say a Barbie Bike even though she hasn't even ridden it! She really loves her Bitty Baby, that she named "Bitty." She cracks me up... she told Micah on Christmas Day to not touch her toys because she got them for her birthday! She might be a little confused! Micah loves his dune buggy and train set... in fact the train set kept him occupied all day Christmas!
Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year by far! I love going to my Grandma Rosell's House {when we are in Cali for Christmas} eating yummy food... getting in our Christmas Pajamas... having our little program where each family gets up and does a little talent... and then the kids act out the nativity! I love driving home and listening to Christmas Music on the radio, and then having our Stocking march, writing our letter to Santa, and having hot Chocolate before bed! It is even more fun with kids!The night we got to Cali we went to the Mission Inn to look at the lights and see Santa... oh and eat Donuts {which I am still craving!} We walked around looking at the lights and saw a little band playing! So we stopped to listen... next thing I know Halie is up front shaking her booty back and forth dancing and singing to Jingle Bells! Megan got it on video and it was hilarious! I got a few pix of it but it was the funniest thing of the night! Thanks mom and dad for a fun night!
My cute family, Sunday before going home. We all went to my parents ward!

I cannot get over being sad that Christmas is over this year! Maybe it's because I had strep throat the whole time we were in Cali, or maybe we just had so much fun this season I just don't want it to be over... maybe because my kids are at such a fun age that I don't want their excitement for Christmas to ever end! Either way I didn't want to take down my decorations {good thing my sister made me.. thanks for your help meg!}, I don't want to stop listening to Christmas music {Jeff wants to die every time he gets in the car with me!} and... I still want to party, bake and shop like it is still Christmas! I am sure I will get over it soon... but until then my center piece on my kitchen table will remain a Merry Christmas sign!! :)

Here are the way to many pictures of our week in Cali. Unfortunately I woke up Christmas morning so sick it was all I could do to lay on the couch and snap a few pics... so sorry they are not to great!

Micah and Halie had a great time opening their presents, playing with their new cousin Ruthie and all their aunts and uncles! It was fun and really loud at my parents house this year but very exciting as well! What a fun time of year!


3 comments:

The Meisners said...

Your kids are so cute and it looks like you had a nice time over Christmas even though you were sick. I love the little outfits for Haile and Rutie had for Christmas they are to cute.

Megan and Mike said...

xmas was a blast!!! wow it must be hereditary...i want to keep baking and shopping too... funny! it was fun

Matt&Melissa said...

I am the same way! I hate it when Christmas is over...its so depressing. How awful you were sick though, but it looks like you did get good pictures! You are so cute for making those fun little Christmas outfits for the little girls. Oh, and you look so cute in the church picture! So, so cute. Oh and also, can you believe the girls are in sunbeams?! Your kids always look so stylish. Last one...we are coming down there in 2 weeks...will you guys be around? Do you want to get together?!