Friday, August 14, 2009

FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN!

and this is how our conversation went all morning before his first official day of Kindergarten!

(Yesterday they had a little orientation where I got to go with him and learn all the rules...
sign up to help etc.)

He wakes up and the first words out of his mouth are:

Micah: Mom, I don't think I want to go to kindergarten today...
Me: Oh sure you do it will be so fun!
Micah: Well...If I am getting a drink at the drinking fountain, can I only take 5 drinks, or can I take as many as I want if no one is in line.
Me: Just drink for 5 seconds and you will be fine.
Micah: Well... do you think I have to go to the library today, why can't I just go to the library when I get a little older cause...
Me: You won't go to the library today honey..
Micah: Well... when I go to school, can you just stay in the parking lot the whole time and wait for me.
Me: It's just like preschool, I will drop you off and then pick you up when its done.
Micah: But... ahmm how will I know when school is done?
Me: Your teacher will tell you, don't worry you will have so much fun!
Micah: How do you know it will be fun?
Me: Cause I just know, Moms just know!
Micah: Well can you just stay with me till I get a little warmed up, cause I am just a little nervous!
Me: Yes Micah..
A few minute before we leave....
Micah: I think I might try to just walk in all by myself!

And he did! He walked in with no tears! Thank goodness for his little friend Maycee Leavitt. I am so glad they are in the same class and that he has a little friend, it makes me feel better about leaving him! (I know I am horrible I always worry!)
Maycee, Halie, and Micah

A little worried... but no tears!
And there he goes!

And he broke his little sisters heart!! Poor little Halie. Beyond devastated! She kept saying I want to go to kind-o-garden....I miss Micah....Miss Tobler is my teach-o! It was so sad!He survived! And had a great time!

5 comments:

micahandwhitney said...

oh how fun!! that is so cute. i'm glad he had a good time :)

Megan and Mike said...

He looked darling on his first day... and i must say im surprised he just walked in all by him self... Im proud! I cant believe he is old enough to go to real school.. ahhh they grow too fast. Halie is a diva... the end

Matt&Melissa said...

I can't believe he is in kindergarten!! what a good boy for going all by himself:) Where the heck does the time go? (Well it still goes kinda slow, I am constantly asking myself, 'when is it time for Ella to go to school?!') He looks so handsome and grown up!

kurt and ash said...

so let me just tell you... i am sitting here reading what micah said on the morning of kindergarten... i read it and laugh out loud... kurt asks what im laughing at so i proceed to read it to him out load... at first i am laughing as i am reading it... and then out of no where i start bawling my head off. sobbing. tears streaming down my face sobs. Kurt is like "what the... what are you crying about???"

"I miss him...micah... can't you just picture him saying that... i just miss him..."

And as I sit here typing this, im still crying... like a big baby.

Im glad his first day went so good. Tell him how much i love him and miss him. he's geting too too big...

The Chalmers Family said...

Aww that will be so fun for you and Micah to read years from now. I can't believe we have kids in school... weird!