Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oh The Joys of POTTY TRAINING!

"I DO IT.. I DO IT! ... I DO IT!" Halie's favorite thing to say latley... Fine... try to put your underwear on by yourself:)


She is a very determined little girlSo happy about getting a Nem..(mnm's) She is easy to bribe!
Proud that she got her "unda-mare" on all by herself!

(P.S. Her stitches are out.. it is looking...well better I guess ... but she wants a "barbie bandaid" on all the time! I think she is scared of her cut.... she doesn't want to see it!)


Potty Training

Day 1- No success...(due to the fact I forgot I was potty training her and never put her on the toilet.... bad mother I know... ) I wanted to quit after her first accident
"Do I really have to do this... YUCK"
Day 2- Starting to figure it out... Hmmmm... You sit them on the toilet and they might begin to understand the whole concept! (I know I am bright!)
Day 3- Doing Good... "NEMS" MNMs' are working like a charm... A little bribing always works!
Day 4- Really GOOD...Stayed dry while we went to the library, and a few stores! YEAH! I think that is like a record on day 4! (I think I can do this!... Oh...and I think Halie can too!)

So now that she has gotten the hang of it... I haven't made as big of a deal when she wets on the toilet... so earlier today she went to the bathroom.. I told her to wipe... and went to take her off the toilet and she said... "Mom-hip hooray... clap mommy clap" She is so funny! We have made the biggest deal when she goes to the bathroom.... me and Micah shout "hip-hip-hooray...hip-hip-hooray" and apparently we will be doing it for a while:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Halie, keep up the good work. Micah, you are the best big brother, keep cheering your sister on!
Love
Gma Rhea

Thanks for visting said...

What a big girl! You keep on eating those M & M's if they make you a happy girl! So proud of you.

Rita

Megan and Mike said...

hahahahahaaa i love her

Elsha Gubler said...

I can't believe she is already potty training! Crazy - good work though! Your new pics are so dang cute... I love the ones on your photography blog too. You are so good!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh...so funny! is this what i have to look forward to?! i think cheering is the key!!

kurt and ash said...

You guys are going to be shouting "hip hip hooray" everytime Halie goes pee-pee until she is 18! Oh well though, what ever works!! :)

Matt&Melissa said...

Good job on starting the potty training...I have been dreading it for the longest time! You'll have to let me know what tricks work...I don't think m&m's will work, I'm a bad mom, not much of a novelty for her any more!!

Shannon said...

I hate potty training! It stinks! And I mean that in more than one way!! But at least she looks cute dling it! and I love the bathroom decor by the way!! (: