Sunday, December 28, 2008

Great Christmas... Not So Great Sunday Morning!



Poor little Halie... this morning she was in taking a bath with her brother when all the sudden I heard Micah say "Dad, Halie is bleeding"... Jeff walks in to find Halie's face covered in blood, and then I heard him say oh.... and then I went running! What a scary feeling to see your daughters face denched in blood! It was definetly bad... worse than any other accident my children have had... so we hurried... got her in some jammies... put a bandaid on and a towel to hold in the bleeding and off I went with Halie to the hospital.. towel on my head wearing who knows what! I know we looked nuts! I get to insta care after honking my way through a few red lights... run in, and then they send me over to the emergency room... where I left my car on (some random stranger parked it for me) ... by then the bleeding had slowed down... I began to calm down... they took us back looked at it and said she defineltly needed stitches... soon Jeff and Micah arrived.. thank goodness and Jeff stayed in the room while they gave Halie 8 shots to numb around her eye and then 9 stitches to close up the cut! It was not fun!... She is doing fine now... just wants to play with her "dollies"... She gets the stitches out in a week.... and don't worry Micah and Jeff are at church... Micah did not want to miss his "last week of Sunbeams!" He was so worried about missing church I don't think he even realized what happened to Halie!
So we did have a great Christmas which I need to post about but everyone wants to see Halie's poor stitches... so here are the pics and I will post about our Great Christmas later! :)

I wish had a picture of Micah's lovely outfit that Jeff put him in to come to the hospital.. a pair of warm and cozies {zip up pajamas} and brown church shoes! I swear I was living my worst nightmare... I was in pants with a hoody with no bra.. with a towel on my head... and Jeff shows up with Micah looking like that... are you kidding me... can someone pinch me!

10 comments:

Jenny Wilson said...

Gosh Melissa... NOT FUN at all!!! I was looking forward to see all your cute Christmas pictures, instead I see a not so fun picture of Halie.

Sorry about that! That is a bummer... so what caused it?

Talk to you soon!

The Hyde Life said...

Micah said she slipped and fell when she was trying to get back in the tub... we are guessing she hit her eye on the water spout? But Micah doesn't want to talk about it so who really know!

Anonymous said...

Our poor little grandaughter got a bad ouie! We should have stayed a day longer, so we could of helped out. Micah what a big boy to yell for help! Give Halie and Micah kisses from us!
Grandma Rhea
Grandpa Jimbo

Matt&Melissa said...

Poor Halie...that looks so painful! The little thing still looks adorable though:) How scary...crazy how those motherly instincts kick in immediately when you see your child in distress, isn't it?! Don't mess with a mom and her hurting child! I need to call you...thanks for your message, things have been crazy with the holidays and everything, but I really appreciate your thoughts and support. I'm glad to see Halie is doing better...I hope you guys had a great Christmas! Talk to you soon.

The Chalmers Family said...

Poor thing! How scary but at least she has cool battle wounds.

Janelle said...

awwww....poor thing! i busted my eye in about the same place when i was little, too. very small scar- can't even tell. glad she's alright! =)

Anonymous said...

that is the saddest thing ever!! what happened!?! poor thing! i hope she is doing better!

Jess Mangum said...

how sad is that! it looks so painful!! poor girlie!.. ps i have a christmas treat for you hahah lame i know but i dont know where you live so i could never get it to you! ha

DANIELLE said...

That is so sad! Wayne said Jeff told him, of course:) but I didn't think that it was so serious. That is so scary.

Elsha Gubler said...

Poor little thing! I'm glad she is doing better. I love all of your pics - you are so good. Hope you had a great Christmas - talk to you soon.