Friday, December 12, 2008

LeT's bE fEsTiVe!

... So I don't know why I was having a hard time getting into the Christmas Spirit this year! It might be the fact that we got our tree a week late... and that our tree took 4 hours to find... and even longer to decorate and get to stand by itself. Who knows... maybe its because we missed the Jubilee of trees this year because I was in California... or maybe because when I go to the stores, look online or in catalogs there is nothing I really want to get my kids... I don't know but I just couldn't seem to get it together and get festive!

So anyways here was our attempt at becoming festive... and IT WORKED! Our neighbor Nancy got the kids a gingerbread house for Christmas.... so we decided to make a night of it! I cooked some yummy broccoli cheese soup.... we listened to Christmas Music and decorated our Ginger Bread house! It actually turned out better than I thought it would! Thanks to Ashley's work on the trees it made the whole house look better!
Micah did such a nice job at decorating one of the trees... don't you think?? (this project was way beyond my patience level... so I had to try to just have fun and let the kids do as they pleased!)
Notice in every picture Halie is undecorating the house... she didn't understand why we were putting candy on a house we couldn't eat ... She had enough candy that night to last her the whole season!Notice Ashley sneaking a lick of the frosting! We laughed all night at this picture! Great job capturing that moment Jeff!

Notice Halie sneaking more candy!

AND... FINALLY OUR GINGERBREAD HOUSE!!... Yeah... we are OFFICIALLY FESTIVE :)

2 comments:

Megan and Mike said...

ohhh how cute... halie would sneak the candy.. she is 2.. but ashley there is no excuse!!!!hahah

Anonymous said...

i love the gingerbread house!! i am so jealous...i have been wanting to do one. my question now is...is the gingerbread house still standing or has it been eaten?