Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Primary Program 2012

{Sept 9}
Finally after 5 years of Primary Programs we have had a successful one!  My kids aren't the most eager to get up in front of people.  In fact it terrifies them.  Micah cried and ran off the stage his first two years.  Didn't say his part the next year and has slowly worked his way into talking into that big scary microphone.  Halie has followed in his footsteps, doing a bit better, but last year she got up to do her part and the Primary president whispered her part to her and she just shook her head "no"  and refused to do it!  So with that history we were a bit worried.  Would they stay on the stage?  Would they do their parts?  Well Micah had mentioned playing the piano, but then told us the day before that they didn't really want him to. So when I was sitting in the pew with Brock and hear the sounds of "When I am Baptized" being played I was BEYOND SHOCKED to look up and see Micah playing, by memory the song he had learned from his baptism!  He hadn't practiced for weeks... didn't even have the music with him.  He got up IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE CONGREGATION AND PLAYED BY MEMORY THE SONG.. 2 VERSES!


I KNOW I MIGHT BURN... BUT I HAD TO TAKE A PICTURE SO I CAN LOOK BACK AND REALLY BELIEVE IT HAPPENED!  The funny part is you can see Halie talking to her teacher... probably telling her that Micah wasn't suppose to be playing!


Trying to snatch a picture before church!


THis is what typically happens... 


THey know now.. just smile and get it over with... Brock not so much!


My cute kids!

Brock trying out nursery!

1 comment:

micahandwhitney said...

Wish we could have made it! How cute :) I remember micah's first program when we all were there haha...way to go bud! :)