Sunday, June 20, 2010

Micah's 6th Birthday....

Home Depot Style...


I had so much fun getting ready for Micah's Home Depot Birthday Party! It was fun doing something different! It turned out so cute with all the orange/building stuff!
Micah and Halie waiting for their guests! Our first "friends only" party! :)
^The birthday banner! Way cuter in person... We decorated our whole great room for the party!
The family! :) Love Micah's wet shirt... and my two inch roots! Hair appointment one day late!
We even decorated the porch^
Thanks to the nice man at Home Depot for the Awesome Home Depot sign!
The kids using building blocks(I hand cut and sanded out of my scrap wood.. I know mother of the year! ha ha) to build towers.... houses... buildings etc. at the beginning of the party.
AND ON TO... The TOOL BOX KITS! Each kid got a Home Depot Apron, and a kit to build their own tool box.
Putting their name tags on the tool boxes...FUN!
The kids with their tool boxes!
All my bro's and their wife's surprised us and came! Thank goodness...
we needed some extra help on the tool boxes!
^Playing "Hammer, Hammer, Nail" (Duck, duck, goose)
We went on a tool hunt! I had hidden 60 tools in the backyard and the kids had to find them.. they all got their own screwdrivers for their tool boxes.

This ^ lady is one of those friends that will vacuum your whole house before your party just because she wants to help me stay sane! Then stay for the whole party and help do everything!!! SHE IS MY LIFE SAVER! Thanks for all your help Tennille!
Eating our Hot dogs with our "Crush"ing Machine soda... Wrecking Balls (Cheese balls) Building blocks (cheese its)! Yum Yum!
We opened lots of wonderful gifts! This was what he really wanted... a BB GUN! Help me... he got a gun, pocket knife, and sling shot.... I don't want him to be old enough for this stuff!
I convinced him that cupcakes with toppers were so much cooler than a cake... WORKED! Perfect... Stuck 6 candles on a cupcake and called it good! He loved it!
YEAH! What a fun party!

Happy Birthday Micah Moo! (Can I still call him that now that he is 6?)
We are so proud of you!

12 comments:

Megan and Mike said...

OH MY GOODNESS, please DO NOT come to ruthies party.. well any party in my whole life. that party was so cute, the decor, and micah getting his gun is priceless!!! when did he become a 6 year old??? we are old, but he is so cute it makes it ok!!!!!!!!!!

johnstoncrew said...

You have outdone yourself again. Looks like a very very fun party. You are so creative. Maybe Home depot will hire you to do parties.

Anonymous said...

i agree with both comments above! you are mother of the year and so talented in everything crafty, cute, and fun!

Jess Mangum said...

wow! i love it! you did such a great job! Micah is one lucky little boy with that crafty mama of his!

The Chalmers Family said...

So cute!! Can you plan my kids parties?? Or can I just copy yours?

The Journey said...

I think keeping each other sane is a better way to put it! After all the times you've SAVED me its the least I could do!!! :) EXCELLENT party...now on to Halie's :)

The Meisners said...

That is so cute. I love that idea. I might have to steal it one day when Riley is bigger and is ready for big boy parties.

Bockholt said...

Anytime you want to come plan a party for my kids, I will happily let you. That was such a cute idea!

kurt and ash said...

How cute, melis! good job! you are always thinkin of the cutest stuff! mama of the year... yes. party planner of the year... yes, yes, yes!

the only BAD part about this party was the fact that I was not there... sad...

kurt and ash said...

PS- Halie is so stylin, as usual! do they make her clothes in my size??

kdkate said...

Such a cute party! Great idea!

Matt&Melissa said...

SO CUTE!! You are always so creative...I love it!