Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 10'

Usually January's for us are boring... ok maybe even a little depressing... for many I assume. Christmas is over, it is still cold outside... nothing really great to look forward to...

This January has been a bit different. We have been busy every second! So I will recap what has been going on...

Micah Started basketball and likes it waaaaay more than soccer.
He was laying in bed the other night and called me in and told me he wants to have a basketball birthday party
with a basketball cake and a basketball hoop on it! (yes with a lisp)
{To many episodes of Cake Boss! I better call my friend Elsha! ha ha!}
Surprise surprise... he was NERVOUS! I had to rotate to each station with him... you can tell he is nervous because his hands are in his pockets! OH BOY!
Jeff will be running a half marathon on Saturday.. I am so proud of him! I feel bad because I would rather die {ok maybe not die but close to it} than run!
But he loves it and I am excited to cheer him on!

Halie is busy everyday taking care of her babies! Every chance she gets she lays her babies out (on a pillow.. doesn't matter where she has to get the pillow) covers them up with blanket, towels, rags.. doesn't matter! She will be a good little mother one day! This was her babies today... Oh Boy!
SHE NEEDS A BABY..... which..... brings me to my last update....

I haven't really said anything about this on my blog, but was happy with the good news we received and want to share!

After being on fertility medicine, having shots, ultrasounds, procedure after procedure... this after that... for the last 16 months we decided that it was time to have surgery to look for the last possible thing that could be wrong and the reason why I have not been able to get pregnant.

So ... last FRIDAY I went in for SURGERY {not fun at all} wanted to back out the whole time... and almost did! {Good thing my entire family came and I couldn't back out!} I AM SO GLAD I WENT THROUGH WITH IT. They found endometriosis which is a major cause for infertility. They were able to burn it off, and we are praying and hoping that in the next few months we will receive some good news from a little stick!

Micah wants a brother... Halie wants a baby she can name "Sister"... We were loosing hope for a while but we are hopeful once again!

OH by the way I also decided that it was time to take a long break from photography.. ok maybe quit. I am hoping if this really is the time to get pregnant then I need to de stress my life... and boy does it feel good! I have mixed feelings but overall am happy about my decision!

9 comments:

Megan and Mike said...

#1 I LOVE that you QUIT photography, FINALLY, its about freaking time!!! Its way too much for a mother... thats about to GET pregnant! Micah always looks nervous and I think its part of his charm and I LOVE Halies babies on the ground, she loves her dolls and she is a very good at disciplining them haha

Jenny Wilson said...

Yay... I am happy for you. I hope things go very well for you in the next few months!

Moss Family said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear when you get 2 lines on that stick!
Love the baby dolls!

The Meisners said...

I am sad that I never got the chance for you to do some family pictures for us. I hope that everything works out and you get a positive test soon.

johnstoncrew said...

your family has been busy. Micah looks like a little stud muffin in his basketball outfit and Halie is sure cute with all of her baby dolls. Glad things went well with your surgery and hope that you get the baby that you have been waiting for.

Matt&Melissa said...

THAT IS SUCH GREAT NEWS! I'm so glad they found something and were able to actually take care of it! I can't imagine going through that for a year and a half...its time your little baby is on its way! Tell Jeff good job on the marathon...I would rather die too:) Can't wait to see you guys!

Shannon said...

I am so glad they found out what was wrong! We are praying for you guys that you will get to grow your family. And a break from photography makes me so sad! Who will do my pics this year?! haha but it is what is best for your family! Good luck!!

dannynstephstoddart said...

Hey girlie! Theres hearts breaking everywhere that u arent doing photography... but i'm sure it'll ease the stress... glad to hear things went well with the doc... hope all goes well! Happy Peeing!
:0) Have a boy... everyone is doing it! Well... Me and Marcia did...

The Chalmers Family said...

Yay you need more babies in that house, Hallie doesn't have enough. Plus your kids are too stinkin cute for just two! Good luck Melissa, I know you'll get preggers in no time.