Monday, June 22, 2009

My Baby is 5 YEARS OLD!

Where did time go? I swear it was yesterday that I was in the hospital awaiting our sweet little boys arrival, and now he is turning 5! I cannot believe how fast time flys!! I started making a slide show of his first 5 years last week and I cannot believe how much fun we have had with Micah in these past five years. He completely changed our lives and made us a family. I cannot imagine life without him.

I hear this song like everyday and it still brings tears to my eyes:
"you're gonna miss this,
you're gonna want this back,
you're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast!"

Well if it was possible to rewind time I would... I miss the days of Micah being a little baby, tottling around the house, sucking on his pacifier (mimi). I miss taking naps with him on the coach... I remember when I thought he would never be big enough to feed himself or do anything without my help... and slowly he has become more independent than I want him to be. I still try to get him dressed... I still want to hold him like he is a baby... and it is then that I realize how fast time goes. (yes I am crying!) So I figure I am going to look back at his 5 year old pictures and wish I could go back to these days ... so for now I am trying to enjoy every second I have with my kids because I swear I am going to wake up tomorrow and he will be leaving on his mission.... ( and I already miss him!)

Our Little cone head ... poor baby!
Thank goodness it went away in a few hours... I didn't know if I could make him wear a beanie in the 100 degree weather.
First Birthday Party!

TWO!
and Three...Oh boy he's FOUR!

and Now 5!!!(thanks Tennille for the family Pix!)

Micah, dad and I are so proud of the boy you have become! You are a wonderful big brother and a good example to your friends. I am proud to be your mom! We love you!

8 comments:

Megan and Mike said...

Now Im crying.. pregnancy blah!Micah was a beautiful baby.. I dont care if he is a boy he was gorgeous... and I love your family pix, so cute! My favortie yet!!!

Katey Hyde said...

Happy Birthday Micah!! Time really does fly - so hard to believe you are already 5! We love you!
Katey, Chris, and Kiley

micahandwhitney said...

happy birthday micah! his party was so much fun :D

Thanks for visting said...

Hope you had the best birthday. I heard you got a scooter and love it. I want to see pictures of your pirate party.

Matt&Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Micah!! I can't believe you have a 5 year old either! I know what you mean...time does fly by so fast...I can't imagine how I'll feel when my kids turn 5, probably the same way you do:) He is such a handsome boy...I can't wait to see the pics of his party

Anonymous said...

Wow, Micah! It is fun looking back on your birthdays, Gpa and I remember that day so well, our first grandchild!!!! We are so dang proud of you. What an awesome job your Mom and Dad are doing with raising you and Halie. Yes, Gma's can shed that darn ol tear too.
Love you all
Rhea Gma
Jim Gpa

kurt and ash said...

ahhh how cute is this! I remember every one of those pics like it was yesterday... the little stink has grown up waaay to fast! But, what do you do??

Well, back to reading up on the internet about EVERYTHING i am going to need to know in the next little bit of my life... wow, is this really happening to me Melissa...

Brianne said...

I love love LOVE your family picture!