Saturday, December 29, 2012

Letters to my children...

About a year ago I opened email accounts for each of my children.  I email them often private letters just for them about various things.  It has been so fun to send them letters that they will only read in the future about their childhood.  Most of the letters are short and sweet, some are silly, and some are serious.  But I am glad I have done this.  I forgot to blog about Micah's first "baring his testimony" experience but I knew I wrote him a letter about it.  Here is the letter.  I want it in our family blog book and that is why I am sharing.



He ripped his church clothes off before I could take his pic.  But this is the day he bore his testimony!  

Micah,

I'm a proud mom today! While sitting in sacrament today you came and sat close to me leaned over and said... I think I want to bare my testimony! You said you were a little nervous and didn't know what to say but you wanted to get up and say something ... We talked about it and you wanted me to bare my testimony too. We both walked up and you got up first. Your testimony was short and sweet... 

I'd like to bare my testimony , I know this church is true, I'm grateful for my teacher, in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

I can't tell you how proud it made me as a mom. You are getting so brave and growing leaps and bounds!! You know the church is true and are going to be the best missionary one day!

Thankyou for being such a good boy. Halie and brock are so
Lucky to have you to look up to!!

Love mom

1 comment:

micahandwhitney said...

melissa, you're such a good mom. i hope to be able to be as festive, loving, and devoted of a mother as you someday.